Cristiano Ronaldo: US judge dismisses rape lawsuit

Kathryn Mayorga alleges that the Manchester United footballer raped her at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

Kathryn Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit in September 2018 in state court in Nevada accusing Ronaldo of raping her in a Las Vegas hotel penthouse suite in 2009, then paying her $375,000 in hush money.

She reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with the star in 2010 but has been seeking millions more than the $375,000 (£304,000) she received.

Ronaldo, who plays for Premier League club Manchester United, has maintained he is innocent.

U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey kicked the case out of court on Friday over the way documents were obtained.

The judge said that dismissing a case outright with no option to file it again is a severe sanction, but that Ronaldo had been harmed by the conduct of the woman's lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall.

"I find that the procurement and continued use of these documents was bad faith," the judge said in her ruling.

"Simply disqualifying Stovall will not cure the prejudice to Ronaldo because the misappropriated documents and their confidential contents have been woven into the very fabric of  claims.

Thanks

Thanks